Potwells Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Data protection law allows us to use your personal data provided we have acceptable reasons for doing so. The law sets out a number of different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data, including:
- Consent - In specific situations, we can collect and process your data with your consent. For example, when you tick a box to receive marketing e-mails or notifications.
- Contractual obligations - In certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations. For example, if you order from us we’ll collect your address details to deliver the order and pass them to our courier.
- Legal compliance - If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data. For example, we can pass on details of people involved in fraud or other criminal activity to law enforcement.
- Legitimate interest – This is where we have a business or commercial reason to use your information. Your data may be used to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests. For example we will use your purchase history to send you or make available personalised offers and important information. We also combine the shopping history of many customers to identify trends and ensure we can keep up with demand and or source new products or brands.
We will collect information:
- When you place an order.
- When you create an application and submit a profile for an account with us
- When you use our website
- When you fill in any online forms with us e.g. account application, contact us form, competitions
- When you make an online purchase and check out
- When you contact us by any means with enquiries, queries, order, feedback etc.
- When you ask us to email you information about a product, brand, service or order
- When you choose to complete any surveys we send you
- When you’ve given a third party permission to share with us the information they hold about you
- From suppliers or similar industry participants that introduce you to us
- From publicly available sources such as Companies House, Google maps or where the information is made public as a matter of law (to verify trade)
- When you engage with us on social media